Replacing the adapter seal for MIS Instruments of a ultrasonic cleaner
The adapter seals must be replaced every 4 weeks (approx. 500 treatment cycles). If
the equipment does not pass the adapter check, all identified adapter seals must also
be replaced and the 4-week service life restarted.
In order to replace the adapter seal, the adapter must be dismantled and reassembled.
To do so, an assembly chip is required as a tool.
Disassembling the adapter seal:
- Take the adapter out of the comb bar and pull off the hose.
- Unscrew the clamp washer using the assembly chip.
- Remove the pressure disc.
- Then, unscrew the conjoined rotating and fastening rings from the inspection glass.
- Pull out the defective/used adapter seal.
- Separate the rotating and fastening rings. To do so, align the »H« marking on the fastening ring and the »L« marking on the rotating ring, and pull both rings apart.
- Remove the punched disc from the inspection glass (click).
- Thoroughly rinse all detached adapter parts with water.
Fitting the new adapter seal:
- Press the punched disc into the inspection glass (snap-in).
- Interlock the fastening and rotating rings. To do this, the »H« marking on the fastening ring and the »L« marking on the rotating ring must be aligned.
- Insert one half of the adapter seal through the hole of both rings. In this position, the adapter seal should be loose and not tilted.
- Firmly screw both rings together with the seal onto the inspection glass.
- Turn the rotating ring somewhat, so that the »H« marking on the fastening ring and the »K« marking on the rotating ring face each other.
- Insert the pressure disc nose first (smooth side facing outwards) and hand tighten the clamp washer using the assembly chip. In the process, firmly hold the rotating and fastening rings in place – the markings must not fall out of alignment!
- Insert the hose in the sleeves for the hose connection, and reaffix the adapter in the comb bar.
SONOMIC Adapter with instrument
SONOMIC Adapter with seal